Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Score!

I drove to Belleville last night to pick up my new dining room table. It's freaking adorable.

There's only two issues with it that I can see off hand: a chunk of the veneer has torn off the side of the leaf. I may just strip that off and see if I can find some kind of replacement veneer for it.

Also, the swivel joints are CAKED with really heavy motor grease, so it smells faintly like garage when you're sitting in them. On the other hand, they definitely don't catch or squeak.

It was pretty hilarious trying to fit the whole shebang in my car; the table was deposted and in the back seat, there was a chair lying across it, two chairs in the trunk, and one chair riding shotgun with me. The seller helped me guide things in, but getting it out again to put into storage was an exercise in swearing and grunts.

Now all I need is to find an apartment to put it in.

1 comment:

Seth Ruhle Thomas said...

Just a heads up: If you find a pear refrigerator on Craig's List, I'm stealing it.