Sunday, June 08, 2008

Unusual hygiene question

I went out with some friends last night to a nightclub in Detroit. Good times were had by all, and eventually after a fair amount of revelry and dancing, it was time to leave.

Now mind you, I was not inebriated, as it was my duty to get people home in one piece via the Brandtmobile. However, I had had enough to drink that my ability to make higher-function decisions about fashion-worthiness (which are fairly limited to begin with) was a bit slow. So when I found a pair of sunglasses on the crosswalk back to my car, I snatched them up and took them with me. I figured I was safe to pick up sunglasses that had been abandoned in the middle of a Detroit street at three in the morning.

The glasses themselves are pretty terrible to behold
Sitting here now, muchless sleep-deprived than I was last night, they make me think of the sort of thing that people in the 80s thought that we would be wearing today, that kind of bizarre future aesthetic that was only ever big in movies. However, they offer full-coverage, which is something I look for in sunglasses while I'm driving, and my last part of enormous ugly sunglasses just bit the dust recently.

So the question is: How does one go about cleaning sunglasses? Are there any strange diseases you can get from sunglasses? Should I just pop over to my nearest tattoo parlor and ask if I can just pop them in the autoclave, or will letting them soak in a bowl of vinegar be adequate?

Any thoughts? Hopes? Dreams?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You could probably use those Clorox wipes to disinfect them and then some glass cleaner for the lenses. That should do the trick.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with regular soap and water?

Sasha Kovich said...

I don't know. I would hate to only use soap and water and end up with deadly bird mites or something.

Anonymous said...

I would just chuck em...you can't risk getting deadly bird mites. That could be deadly

Sasha Kovich said...

I did chuck 'em, after two years of loyal service. They treated me well, in their awful way.